The right to Self-determination exercised every time we vote.
This year there will be a General Election and we will be asked to vote for the 12 people who will make decisions on our behalf for the next four years. The choices we make will affect many things such as housing, education, employment and healthcare.
Here are just a few reasons why you should get registered and vote:
- You have the power to decide on the quality of life you want for yourself and your family. Voting is your chance to stand up for the issues you care about like, schools, healthcare, fishing, raising the minimum wage.
- Elections are decided by the people who go out and vote. Take some time and learn about the candidates. Decide who will represent what you believe. Your power is in your vote.
- Most of us pay tax, but probably do not how that money is being used. Voting is your chance to choose how your tax is spent.
- Voting gives you the chance to change things. Support the candidates that can help you and our community, for the greater good.
- We may have friends, children and loved ones, who do not have the privilege of voting or do not understand how important it is.
Make the decision to vote – Make sure your voice is heard!